Tuesday, November 9, 2021

DEFINITELY NOT GOOD-BAD.


Man, I've heard it a million times and it still makes my hair stand on end, Howlin' Wolf's "Evil" is one of the most authentically menacing three minutes ever cut into vinyl. Everything about it, his voice, the tempo and Hubert Sumlin's guitar playing and tone is absolutely cut to the bone perfect. After listening to it, all I needed was an excuse to post it again. I went to see how long it had been since I posted it, bam!! Found my excuse. The link to the Howlin' Wolf documentary had moved. So here's both, "Evil" and a new link to the documentary, plus a couple others.

~ NOTE: ALL MEDIA IS HOSTED BY THE BLOGS & SITES NAMED BELOW ~
Listen:
Howlin' Wolf - Evil mp3
at Internet Archive
Howlin' Wolf - Break of Day mp3
at Internet Archive
Howlin' Wolf - Forty Four mp3
at Internet Archive
Howlin' Wolf - Moanin' at Midnight mp3
at Internet Archive
The documentary:
The Howlin' Wolf Story: The Secret History Of Rock And Roll
at YouTube 2003

No comments: