Friday, May 28, 2021

I NEED SOME MORE EBO ROOM


Today is a special day. Not because it's Friday. Not because it's a three day weekend. No, today is a special day because, after having posted Ebo Taylor's stuff several times in the eleven years that have passed since I first heard him, I finally pried open my moth-ridden wallet and and paid hotspot cash for his Love and Death LP. It's good, good enough that I'll risk pissing off some of you loyal lurkers by reposting a few of his things.

Taylor had a long career in Ghana. He was 75 years old when he recorded Love and Death, his first internationally available release. Live dates followed and another new LP at the age of 82. There are a lot of things I hate about globalization, but when it comes to music I'm A-OK with someone rescued from obscurity.

~ NOTE: ALL MEDIA IS HOSTED BY THE BLOGS & SITES NAMED BELOW ~
Listen:
Ebo Taylor - Ayesama mp3 at Bama Love Soul 
Ebo Taylor - Victory mp3
at Mixtape Riot
Ebo Taylor - Mizin mp3
at Mixtape Riot

2 comments:

espege said...

Money well spent!

Tom G. said...

Oh hell yeah it was!