Friday, October 2, 2020

WEIRD TITLES WORK


I'm not going to make up a reason for posting this one. When I run into a song called "Chicken Heads" I'm going to click on it, I don't care who it is. I'll reward the person who thought of the title, whether it's for their marketing strategy or their backwoods diet, or whatever "Chicken Heads" is a euphemism for, doesn't matter. The title was made up years ago and it still works, it made me want to hear the song. Bravo title writer.

It starts out with a slinky wah-wah infused intro, you think it's going to get funky but it ends up being a relatively slow tune not really blues, funk or ballad. Then I started listening to the lyrics. "When you cook that chicken, save me the head. I should be workin' but I'm home in bed", followed by, in what sounds like a lovey dovey post-coital whisper, "dreamin' 'bout ya". A piece of work, this one.
 
~ NOTE: ALL MEDIA IS HOSTED BY THE BLOGS & SITES NAMED BELOW ~ 

No comments: