Sunday, October 11, 2020

LOCK DOWN THEATER NIGHT 32

Jubilee wasn't always on my list. It seemed to me like a punksploitaion affair, meh, and all that jazz. So I wasn't looking for it but ran into it anyway on YouTube. I remembered my mind being half-changed in recent years due to positive mentions in books and magazines and the fact that Criterion had re-issued it. The film, directed by Derek Jarman, stars Jordan, who worked at Malcolm McLaren and Vivienne Westwood's Sex clothes store (social hub of the early Sex Pistols crowd). The cast also includes Toyah Willcox, Adam Ant and the Ants, and Wayne County (semi-punk B-listers) with cameos by Siouxie and the Banshees and the Slits. The film score was by Brian Eno. A weird mix. I haven't seen it so I can't vouch for it, but, what the hell, I'm gonna give it a shot.

I can't inbed it, so you'll have to go there to see it. If you want to figure out if you want to risk an hour and a half of your time, there's an essay at The Criterion Collection.

~ NOTE: ALL MEDIA IS HOSTED BY THE BLOGS & SITES NAMED BELOW ~

No comments: