Tuesday, October 6, 2020

FRANKENSTRAT ORPHANED

Eddie Van Halen died today, throat cancer. Van Halen is not go-to music for me, but musically they, particularly Eddie Van Halen, have my respect. I'm sure one or more were total assholes, but we're talking musically. Reasons why I respect Eddie Van Halen. Reason 1: Frankenstrat. I mean, look at the thing above. It looks like a thrashed skateboard with wires. He played that guitar alot. Reason 2: Van Halen cut their teeth playing keg parties. There's a book about Van Halen (that I've not read) about their early days, and it has a great title. Van Halen Rising: How a Southern California Backyard Party Band Saved Heavy Metal. Check the flyer below. That particular gig got shut down before it started, but you get the idea. Reason 3: Van Halen sounds like Van Halen. No other band sounds like Van Halen. And Eddie Van Halen's playing and guitar tone are what makes Van Halen sound like Van Halen. David Lee Roth can do all the high leg kicks he wants, but he's not the sound.

 ~ NOTE: ALL MEDIA IS HOSTED BY THE BLOGS & SITES NAMED BELOW ~ 
Listen:
Van Halen - Runnin' With the Devil mp3 at Tumblr

No comments: