Wednesday, July 22, 2020

LOCK DOWN THEATER NIGHT 23

Okay, any film that starts with a shot of someone's feet in brothel creepers and follows it with Little Richard's "Rip It Up" as the background music has my attention. The film, Buddy's Song stars Roger Daltrey as a teddy boy. So far so good.

I'd initially been looking for That'll Be The Day,  a movie that starred David Essex ("Rock On") as a beginning rocker getting his feet wet. It also stars Ringo Starr, Billy Fury and Keith Moon. Yee haw, right? Its a great flick but unfortunately the search was fruitless, as it has always has been. (I've been wanting to post it for years and never been able to find it.) Ditto with the movies sequel, Stardust, which takes Essex's character into the seventies. That movie adds Marty Wilde, Adam Faith and Dave Edmunds to the cast.

From Stardust: Essex, Edmunds and Moon as Jim McLain and the Stray Cats
 
When I couldn't find those two, I just poked around the suggested videos in the sidebar and caught an image of Daltrey with a ducktail, drapecoat...you know, the whole teddy boy look. I'm going to give it a shot. I'm not expecting much, but it starts with creepers and Little Richard so it'll probably have a decent soundtrack. And that is my bored-as-fuck post for the night.


A footnote: It didn't occur to me until about ten minutes ago that I've never heard Essex's "Rock On" on a decent sound system. After just listening to it I'm kinda digging it in a Isaac Hayes-type string-heavy slow jam version of a rock song. It doesn't annoy me as much now.

~ NOTE: ALL MEDIA IS HOSTED BY THE BLOGS & SITES NAMED BELOW ~

2 comments:

Paolo Meccano said...

I don't know if you've watched 'Buddy's Song' yet so I'll try not to spoil it for you, but I'm certainly glad you posted a David Essex track instead of Chesney Hawkes.

Tom G. said...

Don't know anything about Chesney Hawkes but from the film reviews I saw he appears to have been some sort of teen idol. The film earned two demerits the minute I saw that. Still haven watched more than a couple minutes of it so I apologize if it sucks!