Tuesday, July 28, 2020

AT YOUR PERIL

Oh man, this a bad news, good news, good news, bad news scenario. I ran into a Donnas song from 1999, "Keep On Loving You". As soon as I read the title, I had that ultra bland top 40 song in my head, not theirs but another song that had the same title. I most certainly did not want that shit floating around in my skull. I clicked without haste to foster an intervention. The Donnas' song couldn't possibly be a cover. Fuck, it is. Oh, but it's actually not bad if you don't think of the original. Hey, maybe it will replace the original in my head , or at least cancel it out. Oh shit. The final result, bad news: I now have a fucking REO Speedwagon song stuck in my head.

~ NOTE: ALL MEDIA IS HOSTED BY THE BLOGS & SITES NAMED BELOW ~
Listen:
The Donnas - Keep On Loving You mp3 at Tumblr
The Donnas - Rock 'n' Roll Machine mp3 at Like Mike 69 (?)
The Donnas - Take It Off mp3 at Tumblr

1 comment:

Steve D. said...

If REO Speedwagon bothers you that much, a trick I play when hearing eye-rolling lyrics is altering loving to slugging.

"I'm going to keep on slugging you /
Cause it's the only thing I know to do.
If I hear a peep, I will just keep /
on slugging you.
"