Sunday, June 28, 2020

WAIT. ORGAN?

The jazz station DJs have been furloughed so the station has been playing canned jazz. Good for listening during the day because most of the pre-recorded sets are classic jazz. Pre-pandemic the regular daytime DJs got a little too current for my tastes. Admittedly I don't know much about jazz, but I know what I like. I like classic, but also the crazy shit. That's why I'm missing the shows they used to have on Sunday nights. Free jazz. The real crazy shit. Tonight I remembered that I'd posted link to Destination: Out's Beginner’s Guide to Free Jazz. I revisited that, a dozen from all sorts of free jazz sub-genres. I forgot about Miles Davis's seven minute organ freakout, "Rated X". Him playing organ instead of trumpet sounds baked in and of itself, but the song takes it to another level. This one is just totally bat shit crazy.

~ NOTE: ALL MEDIA IS HOSTED BY THE BLOGS & SITES NAMED BELOW ~
Listen:

No comments: