Tuesday, June 9, 2020

GREAT MOMENTS IN UNEXPECTED FUZZ

I hadn't heard "Have You Seen Her" in ages. It's super smooth seventies-era soul. I've heard it on the radio a zillion times, not so much in recent years, so what the hell I thought. I soon found out that what I've heard over the years has been a severely edited radio version. The entire song is five minutes something. Trimmed out were the dramatic monologues at the beginning and at the end. Also trimmed was the wicked fuzz intro, I think. I don't remember ever hearing it, and I'd think I would. Regardless, the fuzz is wicked and the longer version gives the song enough time to build, and the ride is sweet. This song is fucking smooth.

~ NOTE: ALL MEDIA IS HOSTED BY THE BLOGS & SITES NAMED BELOW ~
Listen:
The Chi-Lites - Have You Seen Here mp3 at Gale Mullins

No comments: