Monday, January 18, 2016

UNDER BUDGET ROCK

Oh yeah...another oddball, another one of those "found by chance but dig that production" songs. Before tonight, I'd never heard of Jackie Gotroe. I have know. Ample rockabilly, unusual in that it's from San Francisco. The West coast is not normally thought of as a hotbed of rockabilly, not back then anyway. Still, it's not as wild and crazy as one would hope. Wild and crazy isn't why I'm digging on Gotroe and his band, the Scamps. There's something about the production. It's raw. It sounds cheap. It might be more than that, but after a couple listens, isolating the instruments as I listen, I can't really figure out why this particular type of sound appeals to me. Sometimes I guess cheap just works.

~ NOTE: ALL MEDIA IS HOSTED BY THE BLOGS & SITES NAMED BELOW ~
Listen:
Jackie Gotroe and the Scamps - Lobo Jones mp3 at Rocky 52
Jackie Gotroe and the Scamps - Raised on Rock 'n' Roll mp3 at Rocky 52
Jackie Gotroe and the Scamps - Rock It to the Moon mp3 at Rocky 52 Go there to get it.

No comments: