Saturday, January 9, 2016

THAT BLACK COFFEE JOKE IS OLD.

That Sarah Vaughn photo that I clicked on that led to yesterdays post was accompanying her "Black Coffee", a very cool song, sultry and all that jazz. I didn't mention it because I thought I had posted it before, but it turns out the version I posted was Peggy Lee's. Neither matters tonight after hearing Black Flag's "Black Coffee", a different song altogether. That's the one that hit the spot, this time anyway. Nice to hear something that sounds that hard without any superfluous decoration. It's just a fucking great song. Lame in the right places. The guitar tone kills me. And the song just goes on and on, for almost five minutes. It's exhausting, but it leaves you wanting more.

~ NOTE: ALL MEDIA IS HOSTED BY THE BLOGS & SITES NAMED BELOW ~
Listen:
Sarah Vaughn - Black Coffee mp3 at Time Goes By
Peggy Lee - Black Coffee mp3 at Robert Barone (?)
Black Flag - Black Coffee mp3
at Pretty Goes With Pretty

No comments: