Friday, January 8, 2016

OH HELL YEAH

Go figure. Following an image search of Sarah Vaughn, I ended up on a site called Time Goes By: What It's Really Like To Get Old. Yikes! After digging around their weekly music posts, because the columnist had good taste, I ran into one about Willy DeVille. Judging by the vintage of other music posts, the columnist was going rogue on this one. I'm sure it caused quite a stir at the shuffleboard courts. But it's a great post, ten songs with a blurb about each, from his early stuff with Mink DeVille to later solo stuff, including a duet with Brenda Lee. Yee haw.

~ NOTE: ALL MEDIA IS HOSTED BY THE BLOGS & SITES NAMED BELOW ~
Listen:
Mink DeVille - Just To Walk That Little Girl Home mp3
at Time Goes By

Mink DeVille - Spanish Stroll mp3 at Time Goes By
Willy DeVille - Every Dog Has It's Day mp3 at Time Goes By
Visit:
Willy DeVille - Eight more cuts at Time Goes By

3 comments:

Peter Tibbles said...

Thanks for the kind comments. Yes, I like to shake up my readers every now and then, but I know what they like mostly. It's a matter of give them something they know, give them something they don't know, give them something they should know, repeat.

Tom G. said...

Peter, I figured that was your M.O.. I really do like your taste. My guess is that you're from New Orleans judging by your well informed N.O. posts and that post on Willy Deville that included his later stuff. Nice stuff! I'll be a regular visitor to your weekly posts.

Peter Tibbles said...

Well, that's the biggest musical compliment I've had in a long time. Nope, not from New Orleans (although I've visited that city). I'm from Melbourne Australia.