Sunday, January 24, 2016

KANSAS AND MEMPHIS. TUVA? GTFO.

I had forgotten all about Yat-Kha. (That's not them above. That's Kansas Joe McCoy and Memphis Minnie,) Yat-Kha are from Tuva. That's right, straight outta Tuva, let's get that over with. It's in southern Siberia. They mix traditional Tuvan music with Western music. And with a throat singer. Yeah. Every bit as weird as it sounds.

I had my doohickey on shuffle today and their cover of "When the Levee Breaks" came on. It occurred to the that I'd never heard it back to back with the original. I'm not sure how much it follows Kansas Joe McCoy and Memphis Minnie's version, or if it's drawn from Led Zeppelin's version. I don't care. It's weird, and my Tuvan collection is week.

~ NOTE: ALL MEDIA IS HOSTED BY THE BLOGS & SITES NAMED BELOW ~
Listen:

2 comments:

Peter Tibbles said...

My goodness, they dressed elegantly back then. Some today could take a leaf out of their book. Of course, that's a bit rich coming from someone who wears jeans and T-shirts most of the time.

Tom G. said...

You must shop at my clothier. Add trunks and you have my closet.

Thanks for checking in Peter!