Tuesday, September 15, 2015

BIG TIME CHARLIES, REPENT!

I was in a completely different world when I first saw Heavy Metal Parking Lot. It was only a couple years old and still being traded via VHS oddball tapes, so the prevailing behavior of metal heads may not have been all that different from what's shown in the video. But, being that it was not at all my crowd, and I very seldom crossed paths with metal freaks, the appeal, then as now, was all anthropological. Oh, I howled the first time I saw it, you bet I did. But my attitude towards it has changed over time. Not that I agree with what's said, or how ridiculous some of the behavior is. It is like a bad eighties movie, USA Up All Night, yo. But it was real, and, in hindsight, no more ridiculous than a foot high mohawk. Oi dude.

Further viewing:

No comments: