Monday, September 14, 2015

ATTN: SO CAL GEEZERS

Those of you already familiar with the Dream Syndicate (above) may, like me, prefer the original line up over later incarnations. For my dollar, the line up of Steve Wynn, Kendra Smith, Karl Precoda and Dennis Duck was it. Maybe you too have lamented the fact that they recorded just a couple records before personnel changes started watering things down. Shit, I think it was only an EP, an album, and a live B-side. I think that's it. Regardless, there's a lot more available with later line ups. I'd given up looking for other early stuff long ago, so I was pleased as punch when I checked today and found out that they just released an expanded version of their debut LP, The Days of Wine and Roses. Granted the added tracks are from rehearsals, it might still be cool to hear. Another release I wasn't aware of The Day Before Wine and Roses, an album made up of much of the same material, recorded live in the studio of radio station KPFK, a few weeks before they recorded the LP. That's the one I gotta get my mitts on. For now, here's a few from the original LP.  Be reminded of how freakishly good this stuff was (check the build in that last one, "Until Lately"). Note to the uninitiated, if you dig the Velvet Underground, Television, the Modern Lovers, early Neil Young, or any combination of them, you'll dig these.

~ NOTE: ALL MEDIA IS HOSTED BY THE BLOGS & SITES NAMED BELOW ~
Listen:
The Dream Syndicate - Definitely Clean mp3 at The Walrus
The Dream Syndicate - Halloween mp3 at Now That's What I Call Bullshit
The Dream Syndicate - Tell Me When It’s Over mp3
at Now That's What I Call Bullshit
The Dream Syndicate - Then She Remembers mp3
at Now That's What I Call Bullshit
The Dream Syndicate - Until Lately mp3
at Now That's What I Call Bullshit

Visit:
Halloween [Concise bio of Dream Syndicate] at Now That's What I call Bullshit 

No comments: