Thursday, July 3, 2014

DIALS WERE THESE ROUND THINGS

Don't ask me why, but for some reason "Tiger Man" got into my head today. I'd never heard the song when my brother played a practice tape of his band doing it, back in the eighties. I have the tape somewhere. I seem to remember him playing pretty good on it. So, that version is the default association, whether I like it or not. Not long after that, the second version I heard was Joe Hill Louis's original. Somewhere down the line is Dan Sartain's version. Sartain seems like a casual guy and I like his music, so I was predisposed to liking it. (Ladies, "No More Hot Dogs" is his favorite Hasil Adkins's song.) That's all I got. Oh yeah, Elvis did it too. I finally heard that one for the first time about a couple hours ago. It wasn't high on my list. Still isn't.

~ NOTE: ALL MEDIA IS HOSTED BY THE BLOGS & SITES NAMED BELOW ~
Listen:
Joe Hill Lewis - Tiger Man mp3 at Rock 'n' Soul Ichiban
Dan Sartain - Tiger Man mp3 at Xtrmntr
Video:
Elvis Presley - Tiger Man ('68 Comeback) at YouTube
Visit:
Joe Hill Louis - Bio at The Hound Blog

No comments: