Friday, December 23, 2011

DARLENE LOVE ALERT: TONIGHT!


Wow, that went by in a blink. Exactly a year ago, I posted a thing about Darlene Love's annual appearance on The Late Show With David Letterman. Every year she performs her signature song, "Christmas (Baby, Please Come Home)" on the last Letterman show before Christmas. (You can read my whole gushing thing here.) This post is just a reminder that tonight is the night, the twenty fifth year she's done it, and it's worth watching. When I think about all the different places I've been while been watching her perform this particular song, and the different states of sobriety (it's on after midnight for crying out loud!), it's like experiencing the last couple decades flashing before my eyes. I've watched it in bars, at parties, at friends' houses, at my own parties, while wrapping gifts, while exchanging gifts, and at home by myself. Gawd, I think I may have even watched on a night I was DJing. (Again, if you want to know what the fuss is about, check out last years post.) It's my own personal holiday tradition. Make it yours.

~ NOTE: ALL MEDIA IS HOSTED BY THE BLOGS & SITES NAMED BELOW ~
Listen:
Darlene Love - Christmas (Baby, Please Come Home) mp3 at AM Then FM
Video:
Added 12/24/11: Darlene Love - Christmas (Baby Please Come Home) 2011, Letterman at YouTube
Darlene Love - Christmas (Baby Please Come Home) 2010, Letterman at YouTube
Darlene Love - Christmas (Baby Please Come Home) 2006, Letterman at YouTube
Darlene Love - Christmas (Baby Please Come Home) 2009, Letterman at YouTube
Darlene Love - Saved (1965) video at YouTube
Darlene Love - Christmas Time For The Jews (claymation) video at Hulu.com (from Saturday Night Live)
Visit:
Last years post, with additional video and assorted gushing

No comments: