Saturday, December 31, 2011

EL MEJOR JERRY, EL MEJOR


Flaco Jiménez has been around a long ass time. I dig him. Maybe it's because I've spent just about my whole life about twenty minutes from Mexico. I don't know. Is it a border thing? I can't be objective. Flaco's the best. (The best, Jerry, the best.)



Here's a few by him, and a Texas Tornados cut that's really good. The Texas Tornado were some sort of Tex-Mex supergroup weren't they? Doug Sahm, Augie Meyers, Freddy Fender and Flaco Jimenez, in one band. Fuck-'n-A. Beats the Traveling Wilburys, hands down if you ask me. And whoever's on pedal steel on the cut below is pretty badass too.

~ NOTE: ALL MEDIA IS HOSTED BY THE BLOGS & SITES NAMED BELOW ~
Listen:
Flaco Jiménez - El Pata Caliente mp3 at Let's Polka
Flaco Jiménez - Ay Te Dejo En San Antonio mp3 at 4Shared
Flaco Jiménez - Laureles mp3 at Let's Polka
Flaco Jiménez - En El Cielo No Hay Cerveza mp3 at L.A. East Side
The Texas Tornados - Hey Baby, Que Paso? mp3 at Geolibro.org
Visit:
Flaco Jiménez - Interview at PBS
Flaco Jiménez at Wikipedia Please somebody, if you have a discography, add add it to the wiki thing!

No comments: