Wednesday, February 9, 2022

SWAY, BOUNCE, SHAKE, GYRATE, WHATEVER


Last night after I finished here I went to the living room and blasted the Daktaris. I've got this new thing where I hang from my pull up bar, crank up the tunes, and with the body weight oddly divided between legs and arms and my eyes closed, I gyrate, lift, stretch and basically just try to get to everything. It could be called dancing. It probably looks like a cross between some spaced out deadhead chick with her arms flailing and one of those drunk geriatric geezers at the blues club that think they still have it, shit ass grin on their face. I'm sure that's exactly what I look like. I can only do this because I live by myself so, literally, nobody's watching. The cool thing is that it is disorienting. We are almost always on our feet, so we know what that feels like.. When we hang from our arms, we are holding up all of the weight. Not much guesswork there. But when you mix the two, legs and arms, in varying degrees, it is not familiar, Do that while you're moving around, with your eyes closed, and the right music is blasting and you're halfway to outer space, or at least an endorphin high. The Daktaris were perfect for that last night.

~ NOTE: ALL MEDIA IS HOSTED BY THE BLOGS & SITES NAMED BELOW ~
Listen: 
The Daktaris - Musicai Silt mp3
at Big Rock Candy Mountain
The Daktaris - Super Afro Beat mp3
at Tumblr

No comments: