Saturday, February 26, 2022

STRANGER AS SELECTOR


I love it when this sort of thing happens. I'm in the alley, going into my garage, and a bike rolled down the street blasting Junior Murvin's "Police and Thieves". I don't think I've ever heard that song in the wild before, let alone on a friends stereo. Now that I think about it, the last time I may have heard it outside my apartment was when I saw the Clash cover it live years ago. So here it is. Play it next time you're on a bike with a boom box and make a stranger happy. If you're unfamiliar with the song, the Clash version is below, that might jog your memory. If you're already familiar with it, there's another Murvin song down there, him doing "Gypsy Woman".  Just him and guitar, no reggae.

~ NOTE: ALL MEDIA IS HOSTED BY THE BLOGS & SITES NAMED BELOW ~
Listen:
Junior Murvin - Police and Thieves mp3 at Snuhthing Anything
The Clash - Police and Thieves
(streaming) at YouTube
Junior Murvin - Gipsy Woman [sic] mp3
at Lemon Alchimie

2 comments:

ubuleales said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Tom G. said...

No spam, clown.