Saturday, September 9, 2023

JAMMING JAZZBO DOWN YOUR EAR HOLE


I was looking for something else and ran across this, Prince Jazzbo's "Crab Walking". I'd been wanting to post it again because it's a favorite but assumed the link I had was dead (wrong!). Jazzbo DJs over the riddim from Horace Andy's "Skylarking" (also a favorite) and it's on Studio One (yet another favorite) and it's a DJ 12" with the version tacked on to the end (also a favorite format). Basically the only way the song could max out all of my favorite elements of reggae would be if U Roy was doing the toasting (sadly, U Roy never teamed up with Coxone Dodd.)

What I was actually looking for when I stumbled on "Crab Walking" was Gregory Isaacs's "Night Nurse". I heard it at the beach today after just coming out of the water and was stoked to hear it in the wild. I normally hate hearing other people's music at the beach, but today was an exception. Particularly after passing a group that was blasting nu-country. So here's those two cuts and a couple others that hit the spot while I was looking for the Isaacs's thing.

~ NOTE: ALL MEDIA IS HOSTED BY THE BLOGS & SITES NAMED BELOW ~
Listen:
Prince Jazzbo - Crab Walking mp3
at Snuhthing Anything
Gregory Isaacs - Night Nurse mp3
at Feems
Burning Spear - Social Living mp3
at Internet Archive 12" version, with a couple minutes of the version on the flip.
Horace Andy - See A Man's Face mp3
at Kazo Wailers

No comments: