Thursday, September 7, 2023

CBGB OMFUG OGS


I've no idea what compilation or boxed set these might be from but any of you Television type folks (the band, not an actual television) might find them as interesting as I do. I'm not someone who coddles artists. If I really dig a record and then a follow up comes out that isn't quite as good, the band is going to have to convince me to go any further. Television did not. Marquee Moon was a great debut LP. Nothing that they did after that really interested me. One and done amigos, you never did convince me to go back. But, alternate versions from the same sessions? I can dig it, especially since these seem to be a bit more raw than the album versions. If you're into Television you'll dig 'em. If you're not, well, take 'em for a spin. The guitar interplay is the draw here.

~ NOTE: ALL MEDIA IS HOSTED BY THE BLOGS & SITES NAMED BELOW ~
Listen:
Television - Friction (alt. version) mp3
at Internet Archive
Television - Marquee Moon (alt. version) mp3
at Internet Archive
Television - See No Evil (alt. version) mp3
at Internet Archive
Television - Untitled Instrumental mp3
at Internet Archive

No comments: