Thursday, September 2, 2021

THE WTF LOCATION SHOT, JAMAICA EDITION


It's not often you hear a distorted guitar intro on a Studio One record. Leave it to Jackie Mittoo (above) to make a record that is just barely reggae. I don't want to ruin this song by saying that sound-wise it sounds like it could have been recorded by a third wave ska band...shit, forget what I just said. That's degrading. Just think of as Mittoo with the production values of Guitar Wolf, who once complained that it was hard to make records with engineers that wouldn't let the VU meters go into the red. It terms of distortion, this has gotta be the rawest Studio One record I've ever heard. It's metal. There's a good reggae mix down there too, because I ran into it and if I don't post it right away I'll forget. Just being honest.

~ NOTE: ALL MEDIA IS HOSTED BY THE BLOGS & SITES NAMED BELOW ~
Listen:
Jackie Mittoo - Killer Diller mp3
at Groove Addict
The mix:
Introducing DJ Pork Chops - Reggae mix at Internet Archive Note: Once there, in the right column, under "Download options" click on "VBR MP3 Files". 24 songs, all good, one hour long. Song list posted.

No comments: