Wednesday, January 25, 2017

START WITH A GOOD TITLE

I don't know much about Ty Segall. I don't know that it matters. His story will always be there. When the time comes I'll read up on him or something. I know enough to know that he has about a thousand records out and that I've yet to hear a stinker. I don't know how old he is. When I first heard him I thought of him as a kid, a general impression from what had crossed my path. But that was something like eight years ago. I blinked. Has he matured? How the hell would I know? I've never paid attention to what chronological order his stuff was released. I do know that "The Drag" is from about 2009 and "Break A Guitar" was just released. Compare those two. "The Drag" reminds me why I started paying attention to him. Loud distorted guitar. That's a nice start. The new one "Break A Guitar" is a buzz ride. As ridiculous as it sounds, it's like Ron Asheton, Mark Bolan, Badfinger, Sabbath, and Redd Kross all on the same song.

~ NOTE: ALL MEDIA IS HOSTED BY THE BLOGS & SITES NAMED BELOW ~
Listen:
Ty Segall - The Drag mp3 at The Bay Bridged
Ty Segall - Break A Guitar
(streaming) at Raven Sings the Blues
Ty Segall - Girlfriend mp3
at Pitchfork
Ty Segall - Sad Fuzz mp3
at New York Rock Market

No comments: