Tuesday, July 12, 2016

I'M SORRY, WE'RE OUT OF TIME

Man, Roxy Music just can't get a break around here. After constant detours, I was finally going to kick out a post about them, and just get it out of the way. But for the fourth or fifth time, I ended up somewhere completely different. Tonight it was going to start with "Editions of You" because it's early, relatively raw, and it pretty much rocks. Then it was going to be Mudhoney's cover of it (insane guitar on that one), and on to more Roxy Music from there. But I paused, thought about how "Editions of You" could very well be their "Rip This Joint", which is, of course, one of the most rocking songs the Stones ever did. Both songs are raw, and both with a nod towards fifties era rock 'n' roll, particularly the sax solos. Then I ended ended up watching a clip of Green Day doing "Rip This Joint" on Late Night with Jimmy Fallon, which I hadn't seen before. Or at least remember seeing. It's tight, but all I could think was "they better have a sax solo". They did. And now I'm no longer thinking about Roxy Music. That's how that happens.

~ NOTE: ALL MEDIA IS HOSTED BY THE BLOGS & SITES NAMED BELOW ~
Listen:
Roxy Music - Editions of You (streaming) at YouTube
Mudhoney - Editions of Youth mp3
at I Am Fuel, You Are Friends This rips.
Rolling Stones - Rip This Joint (streaming) at YouTube
Video:

Green Day - Rip This Joint at YouTube From Late Night with Jimmy Fallon
Roxy Music - Editions of You at YouTube

No comments: