Tuesday, September 16, 2014

CUT IT UP OCCAM

The less I know about Elastica the better. I like to think of them as just a band who had songs catchy enough to listen to more than once. Like a Top 40 song on AM radio used to. Oh, but the nitpickers will go off at length (or would back when they first appeared} about how the lead singer, Justine Frischmann, was from a family that was loaded, how they ripped off Wire and the Stranglers, and various things like that. But taken at the simplest level, they were a mixed gender third rate Buzzcocks/Wire hybrid, with a lot more style visually than any of the bands they were derivative of. And, yeah, they were hot, that too. They rarely smiled, they were skinny, and they wore boots. Of course they were going to get their fifteen minutes (or five years in their case). But you know what? Nineteen years later, they still sound good. I don't care about that other stuff. I don't have to have strong opinions or join any debate. I'm just going to reach over here and turn it up. I'm like that. I'm a wild man. I use two paper towels to dry one hand.



~ NOTE: ALL MEDIA IS HOSTED BY THE BLOGS & SITES NAMED BELOW ~
Listen:
Elastica - Connection mp3 at Le Champ de Patate
Elastica - Stutter mp3
at I Hate Wheat
Elastica - Waking Up mp3
at Aural States
Elastica - All Nighter mp3
at Terribly Happy
Elastica - How He Wrote Elastica Man mp3 (via Box.net) at The Vinyl Villian
Elastica - Nothing Stays The Same (Donna's Home Demo) mp3 (via Box.net) at The Vinyl Villian
Elastica - Miami Nice (Home Recording) mp3 (via Box.net) at The Vinyl Villian
Elastica - KB mp3 (via Box.net) at The Vinyl Villian
Elastica - Operate (Live Version) mp3 (via Box.net) at The Vinyl Villian
Elastica - Generator mp3 (via Box.net) at The Vinyl Villian

No comments: