Tuesday, August 20, 2013

YOU SCRATCH JUST LIKE A MONKEY

I was just driving around today, minding my own business and all of a sudden "Bwaaaah!!!, bwap bwap bwaaaah.." came blaring out of my speakers. Holy shit, friends, it was total goosebump city, the intro to Bob and Earl's "Harlem Shuffle". That few seconds just slays me, every time. And the rest of the song is every bit as badass. The arrangement by a young Barry White is a huge part of this humdinger, the way the horns come in and out, the sparse, almost reggae like guitar. and what sounds like tympani accents. This is a package. I defy you not to move.

~ NOTE: ALL MEDIA IS HOSTED BY THE BLOGS & SITES NAMED BELOW ~
Listen:
Bob and Earl - Harlem Shuffle mp3 at Oscarowski (?)
Bob and Earl - Harlem Shuffle mp3 at 4shared (?) Alternate link, just in case
Bob and Earl - Harlem Shuffle (streaming) at YouTube Better quality.
Bob and Earl - Don't Ever Leave Me mp3 at Russ Strathdee

No comments: