Tuesday, April 3, 2012

NEED TWO SKINNY ROCKERS, STAT!


Like many of you, the first thought that popped into my head when I saw the above photo was, "Wow, nice Danelectro!" Then I thought "Now there's a couple scrawny fuckers," followed by "nice photo," and finally "who the hell are these guys?" They're Powersolo, from Denmark, and depending on what you hear they can sound like bits and pieces of Gun Club, Deadbolt, 45 Grave, Dream Syndicate, and the Cramps. Stop rolling your eyes. After listening to a few of their songs, it occurred to me that when most of those bands that they sound like were in their heydays, I didn't judge bands as harshly as I do now. They could be imperfect, have some songs that had parts that you weren't crazy about and you could still come away with an overall favorable impression. Powersolo's like that. Some of their videos (like the one below) border on creepy for creepy sake. Some are just downright silly. But check the cover of "I Put a Spell on You" below, live with a big band. It's good stuff. Maybe I should revert back to the old litmus test. This they would pass, because when you add it all up, I know I'd like to party with these nuts. (And you can bet Reverend Beat Man would be invited.)



~ NOTE: ALL MEDIA IS HOSTED BY THE BLOGS & SITES NAMED BELOW ~
Listen:
Powersolo - Baby You Ain't Looking Right mp3 at Flapy (?)
Powersolo - I Love You But I Hate You mp3 at Music Alliance Pact
Powersolo - Got No Fear mp3 at Hell's Belles
Video:
Powersolo - I Put a Spell on You (live) at YouTube With a big band, manic, worth seeing
Powersolo - Mr. Suit at YouTube
Powersolo - Kat Nazer at YouTube
Powersolo - More videos at YouTube
Visit:
Powersolo official site

No comments: