Wednesday, May 22, 2024

SIDE TRIP: AFRICA VIA AUSTIN


While I was trying to decide whether or not I was going to post tonight, I figured I'd listen to some African music that I hadn't heard. Destination: Internet Archive. I'm blown away at the amount of music, books and other stuff over there. It's a rabbit hole of many flavors. Todays gamble certainly paid off. It's eight episodes of a radio show, "The Africa Express", from KOOP in Austin. They're good and varied. A LOT of more obscure stuff, even for those into African music. Book mark it, it's eight hour-long shows. Note: You can also download them from the the link in one the right of the page about halfway down, click on "Download Options". Click on "VBR MP3" for the mp3s. I guess I am posting.

~ NOTE: ALL MEDIA IS HOSTED BY THE BLOGS & SITES NAMED BELOW ~
Listen:
The Africa Express radio show mp3
at Internet Archive Show from 3/8/24, the first three minutes is dialogue.
The Africa Express radio show - Seven more at Internet Archive
Visit:
KOOP 97.1, Austin TX

No comments: