Monday, May 13, 2024

THEM AGAIN


There I was, perusing a song list of sixties British female pop, stuff like Dusty Springfield, Lulu and Sandie Shaw. Bam! There were a couple cuts by the Liverbirds! I've a soft spot for the Liverbirds. Unlike a lot of British female singers at the time, the Liverbirds played their own instruments. Better, they looked as if they were not to be messed with. They were the cool chicks. That's all fine and dandy if their music backed it up. It did.

Having posted about them several times in the past, I didn't expect find much of anything new online. I was surprised to see that they now have their own YouTube channel and that the two surviving members wrote a book about their band. I'm still in rabbit hole mode. Join me, it beats doing the dishes.

 
First off, check the live clip, "Peanut Butter". So completely badass. A shitload more of that at their YouTube page. When you check the mp3s below, just imagine them with a meatier production. Even a crunchy Kinks-like sound. Even better? A time machine wherein Jon Spencer produces them à la Blues Explosion. Shit. now I'm just fantasizing.
 


~ NOTE: ALL MEDIA IS HOSTED BY THE BLOGS & SITES NAMED BELOW ~
Listen: 
The Liverbirds - Talking About You mp3 at The Rising Storm
The Liverbirds - Hands Off mp3
at The Rising Storm

No comments: