Tuesday, November 10, 2020

MEANWHILE AT THE ANTI ICE CREAM RALLY

A year and a half ago I linked to a song by Mythic Sunship (above), posted by the plain Jane but always awesome For the Sake of the Song. My chops wet, I went to look for a physical copy. Zilch. Every copy I ran into, even CDs were out of my price range. And I hadn't lagged, I was on the hunt right away. Eventually, after months of periodically checking a major online retailer, I saw a new copy for sale by an independent seller that didn't cost half a paycheck. The LP, Another Shape of Psychedelic Music, was worth the wait.

Then last July the same blog posted a live version of the same song. Being that the first link I posted was dead, I figured I'd point it out to you again. Then, I forgot all about it. Until today. I ran into a track by another outfit on the same label. When I dug around on the labels site I ran into another outfit, the Ellis/Munk Ensemble, from right here in San Diego. I had no clue. I really need to get out more. He said in the middle of a pandemic. On the very day that restrictions were tightened.

~ NOTE: ALL MEDIA IS HOSTED BY THE BLOGS & SITES NAMED BELOW ~

No comments: