Saturday, September 5, 2020

SO THAT'S WHAT THEY LOOK LIKE

I haven't really run out of bands, but I find myself going back to songs that were overplayed when they were hits to the extent that I've never actually bothered to really listen to them. Today there's a fire burning about forty miles south east of me. Ashes are falling all the way out here on the coast (I'm in San Diego). I was trying to think of a song to post, so when I noticed the ashes and was told about the fire, I thought, what about a fire related song? The first one that came to mind was Hendrix's "Fire", followed immediately by the Ohio Players' "Fire" which I hadn't heard in years. So that's the one I went to, to really listen to it. In doing so, I ran across "Love Rollercoaster" a badass jam in and of itself. 

~ NOTE: ALL MEDIA IS HOSTED BY THE BLOGS & SITES NAMED BELOW ~ 
Listen:
Ohio Players - Fire (streaming) at YouTube
Ohio Players - Love Rollercoaster mp3 at Tumblr
Video:
Ohio Players - Fire at YouTube From The Beat Club, this smokes. Dig the intro, clipped from the theme from The Munsters.

2 comments:

missjulied said...

I don't know if you've seen this series at all, but it's pretty interesting (and entertaining):

https://www.stereogum.com/2049110/the-number-ones-ohio-players-fire/franchises/columns/the-number-ones/

https://www.stereogum.com/2055579/the-number-ones-ohio-players-love-rollercoaster/franchises/columns/the-number-ones/

Tom G. said...

Thanks Julie! I can tell that series is going to suck me in.