Sunday, November 3, 2019

IS THIS THE LINE? OH. YOU'RE THE BAND?

I ran across a misfiled Shaolin Afronauts CD the other day, and after listening to it in the car I thought I'd look for something of theirs to post. It was a long shot, I didn't expect to find much, and I expected right. Squat. But I saw a few by some outfit called Shaolin Temple Defenders. Fucking ridiculous name. Of course I took the bait. It ended up being some pretty good shit. Good solid funky soul. Here's all I've gleamed about the band: They're white, one woman and the rest men. They might have been inspired by Sharon Jones and the Dap Kings and least that's what it seems to say in their bio. Then again, the bio reads like a poor translation so I may have misinterpreted what they were saying. Regardless, the few that I ran into were solid; completely derivative, but solidly so. They kinda remind me of The Commitments.

~ NOTE: ALL MEDIA IS HOSTED BY THE BLOGS & SITES NAMED BELOW ~
Listen:

No comments: