Sunday, March 3, 2019

TWO DAYS AND COUNTING

Aaron Neville. Party Hard.
More Fat Tuesday prep tonight. Why not overdo it? Music from New Orleans is just so uniquely American, shit, more accurately uniquely New Orleans. You can pretty much peg the type of rhythm and blues that comes from there. If I were a musician, or knew the mechanics of music, I could throw around some technical mumbo jumbo to say why and how, but I'm not a musician and I don't know much technical mumbo jumbo so I will resort to the litmus test: Does the music make me feel a little closer to New Orleans? Yes. Jubilant? Check. Willing to stand in the street shoulder to shoulder with people who are clearly there for the wrong kind of folly just to enjoy the soundtrack? Yep. That is New Orleans music.

~ NOTE: ALL MEDIA IS HOSTED BY THE BLOGS & SITES NAMED BELOW ~
Listen:
Aaron Neville - Humdinger mp3 at DJ Perro
Art Neville - Arabian Love Call mp3
at Office Naps
Al Tousan (Allen Toussaint) - Cow Cow Blues mp3
at Rock 'n' Soul Ichiban
Two mixes:
Funky16Corners Mardi Gras!
at Funky 16 Corners Two fine mixes, Mardi Gras Boogaloo and Keep the Fire Burning. One click and mix the drinks.

No comments: