Friday, March 29, 2019

THANK YOU MS JACKSON

Wow, I just read that Wanda Jackson retired two days ago. She's eighty one years old. Think she deserves to chill? She handled it all with class. How many people knew Elvis and Gene Vincent and Dave Alvin, Rosie Flores, and Lux and Ivy from the Cramps? I may have blinked once or twice but I don't remember her every looking awkward or struggling with aging in public. And her voice, whoa, that voice, it strayed remarkably little in the past sixty years, Check the mp3 of her "I Gotta Know" from 1956, then watch the video from around 2014. Unreal.


~ NOTE: ALL MEDIA IS HOSTED BY THE BLOGS & SITES NAMED BELOW ~
Listen:
Wanda Jackson - I Gotta Know mp3 at Rocky 52 1956
Wanda Jackson - Let's Have a Party mp3
at Rockabilly Hall 1960
Wanda Jackson - Mean Mean Man mp3
at Rockabilly Hall 1958
Wanda Jackson - Honey Bop mp3
at Rocky 52 1958
Wanda Jackson with Lux Interior and Ivy Rorschach - Funnel of Love (streaming) at YouTube 2003

No comments: