Sunday, April 3, 2016

WHAT WOULD GETZ DO?

I had reservations about posting the image above. Is it objectifying a woman because of her looks? What about the fur? Dead animals laying all over her? It could get me into hot water with all sorts of people. If I saw this sort of thing today, I'm not sure I'd give it a second glance. Is it okay to drool today, because "it was a different time" when the photo was taken? I don't care. It's Astrud Gilberto, which makes the image all the more arresting. Seeing the woman who sang the most relaxed song ever recorded, in that get up? Sorry, excuse me all to hell, I gotta be honest here. All things considered, she looks hot.



She recorded the song, "The Girl From Ipanema", more than once, and I'm not sure which one is the first. I don't particularly care. I'm not in the mood for more legwork than necessary after hearing it again. I'm too relaxed. All sorts of fun facts can be found here and here. The song has a rich history, that much I remember. I am now going to go chill my head off.

~ NOTE: ALL MEDIA IS HOSTED BY THE BLOGS & SITES NAMED BELOW ~
Listen:
Stan Getz and Astrud Gilberto - The Girl from Ipanema mp3 at Basaap
Astrud Gilberto - Stay mp3 at ATumblr (?)
Video:
Stan Getz and Astrud Gilberto - The Girl from Ipanema at YouTube Getz and crew show up at 1:30. Looks like stoners to me.

No comments: