Thursday, April 14, 2016

THE TIE BREAKER

On any other night, that photo above would have been of Warren Smith. It was to be his post, and it was, until I ran into, uh, that photo above, of Barbara Lynn. Now hold on a second, I know what you're thinking. I'd be a liar if I said that photo above wasn't fetching to a certain degree. As a straight male with a deep love of cool music shit, I can't be objective. But listen to the covers of "I Got Love If You Want It", by both Smith and Lynn, back to back. Completely different interpretations, apples and oranges, equal only in their quality. In other words, both hot shit. Smith's version getting a slight edge because it's a rockabilly version, the only one I'm aware of. Unfortunately my eyeballs get a vote too. And both vote for Barbara Lynn. It was close.

~ NOTE: ALL MEDIA IS HOSTED BY THE BLOGS & SITES NAMED BELOW ~
Listen:
Warren Smith - I Got Love If You Want It mp3 at Mp3 Rockabilly
Barbara Lynn - I Got Love If You Want It mp3
at Diatone Reccords (?)
Slim Harpo - I Got Love If You Want It mp3
at Beware of the Blog

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The Warren Smith version was the only one of the three I didn't already have - so thanks for that! And I agree on Barbara Lynn.

Marc