Wednesday, January 21, 2015

ANKA, WE'RE COOL. BUT BOONE,...

I don't know, if I was an Anka fan, maybe I would have been pissed. But I'm not. So the fact that he covered Nirvana doesn't bug me at all. Pat Boone on the other hand bugs me just because he exists. I don't even remember why, that's how old my distaste is...oh, wait! I do remember! It's because his white bread ass had the audacity to cover Little Richard back in the day. You can guess why. Figuring that Little Richard's music wouldn't sell to the goody two shoes, he recorded sanitized versions of "Tutti Frutti" and "Long Tall Sally", to take advantage of the demographic that might otherwise have been tempted to dig the savagery that is Little Richard. What a fuck. I'm starting to get pissed at him all over again.

~ NOTE: ALL MEDIA IS HOSTED BY THE BLOGS & SITES NAMED BELOW ~
Listen:
Paul Anka - Smells Like Teen Spirit mp3 at Clayton Counts
Paul Anka - Jump mp3 at Super Zombie
Pat Boone - Paradise City mp3 at Dawayne Bailey
Pat Boone - Smoke On the Water mp3 at Review Stalker

No comments: