Monday, November 25, 2013

MUST NOT OVERTHINK BATMAN

I can't really be objective about Suzi Quatro. I admire her gumption. She seems to worm her way into my heart, even with her shit songs. Even when she was on Happy Days as Leather Tuscadero, I cut slack, She wasn't the first women rocker, and she isn't the toughest. But she is among those who played their gender the least. She didn't really play down her looks, nor was she overtly cheesecake. She just played bass and sang.


You have to check out the video below. Watch the whole thing because the party starts at 2:34. Just before the repeat of the chorus, at 2:41 she licks her chops and then tears into a nice fit, hair this way and that, with a pretty respectable scream to top it off, albeit lip synced. I watched it several times because it made me want to party. So what.



One thing that makes the first song down there, a cover of "I Wanna Be Your Man", so interesting is the thought that maybe she didn't record it as some sort of feminist or gender thing. Maybe she recorded it because it was a good rock 'n' roll song. (I could be wrong. I could read up on it, but so can you.) Regardless, hearing it tonight made me want to revisit my favorites of hers, and in looking for some I ran across a hot ass cover of "48 Crash" by the Gymslips, an early eighties UK band. I don't know anything about the band other than the blurb on the hosting blog, and I don't care. I want to party with that song.

~ NOTE: ALL MEDIA IS HOSTED BY THE BLOGS & SITES NAMED BELOW ~
Listen:
Suzi Quatro - I Wanna Be Your Man mp3 at Cover Me
Suzi Quatro - 48 Crash mp3 at VMuzique  Foreign site, caution advised.
Suzi Quatro - Can the Can mp3 at 4Shared
Suzi Quatro - Devil Gate Drive mp3 at A.Tumblr (?)
The Gymslips - 48 Crash mp3 at Farced
The Gymslips - Love Is Not the Answer mp3 at Farced This is good too.

No comments: