Sunday, February 18, 2018

DUDE EVEN THROWS PICKS WITH ATTITUDE

I've got no clue how I ended up running across the "Double Guitar Shred Medley". I can't imagine what part of my tastes would prompt an algorithm to put it in a suggested video pile. I clicked on it out of curiosity. What I encountered was a whole other world that I'd forgotten existed. That of the at-all-costs guitar shredder. The video is by Michael Angelo Batio and it sucks. That doesn't mean that Batio isn't a good guitarist. Technically he is excellent. Mindblowing even. But his attention, his chosen micro-field of expertise, while requiring hours and hours of practice and a rare technical gift in addition to hard work, yields nothing close to rock and roll. It's all about the guitarist, and only the guitarist, which is the point. Okay, I get that. But why? When you possess that skill and are theoretically able to handle any style of music, why would you devote that much time to this kind of thing? The same reason why guys put huge wheels on lifted trucks. Why Trump has a "bigger button".


Check the comments under the video at YouTube. It's apparent this dude has worshippers, but there's some pretty funny comments too. After watching the video I had to get the hell away from Shredville. That shit is foreign, way too un-rock 'n' roll. I had to get me some anti-venom in the way of the Dirtbombs. That I can relate to.

~ NOTE: ALL MEDIA IS HOSTED BY THE BLOGS & SITES NAMED BELOW ~
Listen:
The Dirtbombs - Ever Lovin' Man mp3 at Switchblade Comb
The Dirtbombs - Chains of Love mp3 at Indie Rock Cafe

No comments: