Saturday, March 5, 2016

THE SAD ENDING

I started down this path tonight just throwing on the Clash while I made dinner. After hearing their version of "I Fought the Law", it occurred to me that I hadn't ever even mentioned the Bobby Fuller Four, and then I was reminded why. He died a suspicious death at the peak of his career, and it wasn't pretty. It wasn't blood and guts, but it was every bit as gruesome.



I remembered that there was something sordid about it, and then I ran into a lengthy description at You Better Shut Up and Listen. I read most of it, that was enough. It you're in one of your death moods. it's linked below, as well as an account from the period, from a 1966 issue of KRLA Beat, "America's Largest Teen Paper". That, I haven't yet read; but it's the whole paper so worth a look.

Goin' native for Vox.


If you can't get enough, there's a whole book written on the subject, I Fought the Law, by Miriam Linna (the lady from Kicks) and Randall Fuller. I only need the thumbnail version, thanks.

If you only know "I Fought the Law", dig on the other songs below. There's Crickets and Everlys crawling all over them. Better than that death stuff.

~ NOTE: ALL MEDIA IS HOSTED BY THE BLOGS & SITES NAMED BELOW ~
Listen:

No comments: