Tuesday, April 23, 2024

THIS IS AMERICANA


Who has had his music banned by NASA, went to school with Joe Ely, had a song covered by Bowie (who also nicked the "Stardust" for his Ziggy Stardust alter ego), and left two messages on my answering machine? The Legendary Stardust Cowboy, that's who. He's been posted here a few times but I just ran a documentary that will be my viewing tonight. If you don't know the Ledge, I recommend listiening to "Paralyzed" his 1968 debut 45 (below). If that doesn't pique your interest, I give up. I know the first time I heard it, I couldn't believe what I was hearing. Down below are links to earlier posts describing why he was calling me, the Bowie connection and why "Paralyzed" was banned by NASA.

2 comments:

espege said...

Thanks for the Ledge docu tip, Tom! And happy (or whatever) International Workers Day (still half an hour left here)! e

Tom G. said...

Raised fist for that one! I've worked enough to have that right!