Saturday, June 24, 2017

ADD THIS GUY

It's a wonder that J.J. Jackson's "But It's Alright" hasn't been covered a zillion times. The riff that opens it was practically made for loud crunchy guitar. On the record it's a jazz session guy. Not that it needs it, but I'd love to hear it with a little more meat. I did a cursory check for covers and found only bar bands and one by Huey Lewis and the News, who might as well be a bar band. Actually, it might be better that there hasn't been a really great cover of the song. It makes the original all more  the precious.

The two other songs "I Dig Girls" and "Boogaloo Baby" forced my hand. Fuck, here we go. Add to want list...

~ NOTE: ALL MEDIA IS HOSTED BY THE BLOGS & SITES NAMED BELOW ~
Listen:
J.J. Jackson - But It's Alright mp3 at Joe T's Soda Shop
J.J. Jackson - I Dig Girls
(streaming) at YouTube
J.J. Jackson - Boogaloo Baby
(streaming) at YouTube

No comments: