Sunday, February 5, 2017

MY UNCLE DON USED TO SIT LIKE THAT

Look at that album cover, the pose, the outfit. This might be the exact moment when country and western lost the western. It sure doesn't look western to me.. I tried not to let that taint what little I knew about Del Reeves. But, man, just look at it. The real old school cats probably flipped. Here's a couple that were hits for him, sounding very much like trucker music, except they're about girl watching. He might wamt to think of a different way to cross his legs if he ever wants to do more than watch. There's nothing wrong with the way he's sitting, it just doesn't look cool. Maybe it does. It's just not a cool cover photo. Cool design though. He should have borrowed one of Porter Wagoner's fancy suits...
When I was searching for an image, what I imagined I'd find was a look something like Dave Dudley. You know, everyman. I instead found that LP cover. There were several others just as dorky but I'm cutting my losses.

~ NOTE: ALL MEDIA IS HOSTED BY THE BLOGS & SITES NAMED BELOW ~
Listen:

No comments: