Saturday, April 18, 2015

MÁS MALO QUE HOOLIGANS

Man, I gotta stop. There's way too many diversions. Today in a grocery store, I heard "She's About A Mover" by the Sir Douglas Quintet. So, I was jonesing for Tex Mex. and that turned into a Baldemar Huerta (a young Freddy Fender) detour, then rock en español in general, past Los Rockin' Devils (This cool video. Dig the skull and crossbones drum head. dad!). And then, they were in the sidebar at YouTube, Los Hooligans. The first Mexican LP I ever bought, back when I was in my teens. The record pretty much blew, and it still sounds crappy years later. But it was my first so after that I played it safe, picking up only Mexican pressings of familiar American LPs. When I finally started getting into international music years later, I still kept Los Hooligans and they're ilk at bay. (Once bitten.) But I never totally abandoned hope that there were better rockers from Mexico. Over the years, they seeped in, along with South American counterparts. 

So, I'm all over the place tonight. For now, I'm stopping on Los Esclavos.  I dig these guys, and there's not much online about them, with the exception of two posts at Vuelve Primavera. (It's in Spanish, but the links below are to questionably translated versions in English.). But between those two posts you have a pretty thorough profile, if you need one. I don't. Not tonight anyway.

~ NOTE: ALL MEDIA IS HOSTED BY THE BLOGS & SITES NAMED BELOW ~
Listen
Los Esclavos - Bum Bum Bum mp3 at Vuelve Primavera Boom, Boom, Boom
Los Esclavos - Lloro Como Niño mp3 at Vuelve Primavera Shakin' All Over
Los Esclavos - I've Got a Problem mp3 at Vuelve Primavera

No comments: