Thursday, August 14, 2014

TROPICAL CRUSH ALERT

I just heard a cover of Os Mutantes' "Baby" by Gal Costa. I'm not gonna fight it. I started revisiting old stuff, and I got sucked in again. Before I high tail it, I gotta say, that cover photo above is some kind of unattainable cool, isn't it? That thing that Anita Pallenberg had in her prime. Maria Schneider too, Last Tango In Paris-era. The high priestess of lady cool, Brigitte Bardot, in her every burp and fart. Gal Costa exudes that sort of cool, only she has a voice and she's Brazilian. Tropical cool. Yeah baby. And she's made some really great records. Check out the fifteen at Super Sonido. It's an awesome cross section. And read the text. He's got the profile and music stuff covered. Oh, and on "Baby"? She's singing it to me, Just so you know.



~ NOTE: ALL MEDIA IS HOSTED BY THE BLOGS & SITES NAMED BELOW ~
Listen:
Gal Costa - Baby mp3 at Aquarium Drunkard Go there to get it.
Gal Costa - Vou Recomecar mp3 at Super Sonido
Gal Costa - Relance mp3 at Super Sonido
Gal Costa - AcauĆ£ mp3 at Super Sonido Wait for the freakout.
Gal Costa - Pontos de Luz mp3 at Super Sonido
Gal Costa & Gilberto Gil - Sebastiania mp3 at Super Sonido Freakout endings seem to be a trend.
Gal Costa -10 more cuts, 15 in all and great copy at Super Sonido

No comments: