Friday, February 3, 2012

GODDAMN MEGABYTES


Sometimes there's a serendipitous silver lining to what may have seemed like a disaster. Long story short, my computer took a crap last night. I lost everything from the last year and a half; music, photos, works in progress, everything. (That'll teach me to try to turn my computer into a hot rod.) Tonight I dusted myself off and started prowling again, and, boy, am I glad I did. Roughly twenty four hours after the Computer Debacle of 2012, I found a site that would make the Mystery Suggester proud. I was hitting the links on Boogie Woogie Flu, and came across Jukebox Mafia, a rather unassuming blog, but only visually. The first song I sampled, Bobby Patterson's "T.C.B. or T.Y.A.," reminded me why I get off on this. You will be hooked, literally three seconds into the song. This is one funky mood lifter. After that, I sampled a few other top notchers and by the second page I was listening to the deep surf classic, "Squad Car" by Eddie & the Showmen. All of the stuff I listened to was raw, rockin', or off kilter enough to warrant more than a casual stop. You should go there. That's where I'm going.

~ NOTE: ALL MEDIA IS HOSTED BY THE BLOGS & SITES NAMED BELOW ~
Listen:
Bobby Patterson - T.C.B. or T.Y.A. mp3 at Jukebox Mafia
Eddie & the Showmen - Squad Car mp3 at Jukebox Mafia
Visit:
Jukebox Mafia

2 comments:

missjulied said...

Dude, back it up! An external hard drive is cheap these days!

Tom G. said...

Worse thing? I know that.