Monday, January 17, 2011

MAN AND GUITAR


How could I have possibly not posted Mississippi Fred McDowell? Here's a couple versions of "You Got To Move", because that's probably the one McDowell song that most people might know. (And, of course, it's cheap bait to attract Stones fiends.) I'm certain you'll like them, and the other songs too. If you don't, you should probably skip the blues altogether...or just start with the awesome videos. (They really are awesome. I must be that age...I'm just flat out amazed at the availability of stuff that I never dreamed of seeing.)



A couple notes: The songs from Hell Hound On My Trail can be previewed, streaming, here. And, you really ought to read the nifty write up at Boogie Woogie Flu.

~ NOTE: ALL MEDIA IS HOSTED BY THE BLOGS & SITES NAMED BELOW ~
Mississippi Fred McDowell - You Got To Move (1965) mp3 at Hell Hound On My Trail
Mississippi Fred McDowell - You Got To Move (1971, live) mp3 at Boogie Woogie Flu
Mississippi Fred McDowell - You Gonna Be Sorry (1964) mp3 at Hell Hound On My Trail
Mississippi Fred McDowell - Been Drinkin' Water Out of a Hollow Log (1959) mp3 at Hellhound On My Trail
Mississippi Fred McDowell - 61 Highway (1964) mp3 at Hell Hound On My Trail
Mississippi Fred McDowell - A dozen more mp3s at Hell Hound On My Trail
Mississippi Fred McDowell - Someday Baby (1971, live) mp3 at Boogie Woogie Flu
Mississippi Fred McDowell - Get Right Church (1971, live) mp3 at Boogie Woogie Flu
Mississippi Fred McDowell - Red Cross Store (1971, live) mp3 at Boogie Woogie Flu
Mississippi Fred McDowell - When the Saints Go Marching In (1971, live) mp3 at Boogie Woogie Flu
Watch:
Mississippi Fred McDowell - John Henry video at YouTube
Mississipi Fred McDowell - Clip from Blues Maker, video at YouTube

No comments: