Tuesday, October 16, 2018

DON'T OVERTHINK LOUD

You know, there's a lot of reasons to not like Crime (the band). They were corny, not in a clowning way. It was their not-at-all believable tough guy posturing. Like Fonzie with cuss words and loud guitars. If they came out today, you bet I'd latch onto reasons not to like them. The reason I can't dismiss them in hindsight is because when I first heard them I wasn't looking for a reason to dislike any punk band, I was looking for a reason to like them. Not because I was some kind of undiscriminating ignoramus, there was just that little punk rock that had made it to vinyl. Shit, we didn't let any of the corniness or posturing of the Ramones, let alone stupid lyrics, stop us from liking them. And at that time that's about all there was.

~ NOTE: ALL MEDIA IS HOSTED BY THE BLOGS & SITES NAMED BELOW ~ 
Listen:
Crime - Hot Wire My Heart mp3 at For the Sake of the Song
Crime - Piss On Your Dog mp3
at For the Sake of the Song
Crime - San Francisco's Doomed mp3
at Nevver Go there to get it.
A compilation LP:
San Francisco's Still Doomed
(streaming) at YouTube

No comments: