Monday, March 5, 2018

SONG THE THRIFT STORE TAUGHT ME

Martin Denny and band.
A couple nights ago some friends were over, and we were talking about the record selection at a local antique mall. Pretty varied stuff, very little classic rock and crap like that, stuff that you see everywhere. It's more like a slightly beat up Bud Shank, maybe Harry Belafonte, Wayne Cochran. It reminded me that I have a record stashed there that I check on every time I go there. An autographed Korla Pandit LP, in pretty good shape, but a little too pricey. That's why I've been sitting on the fence. Pandit's music is okay, I just like the idea that he existed, albeit with a made up backstory.

Korla Pandit. The nut.


~ NOTE: ALL MEDIA IS HOSTED BY THE BLOGS & SITES NAMED BELOW ~
Listen:
Dick Dale and the Del-Tones - Miserlou mp3 at Rocky 52 1962
Korla Pandit – Misirlou mp3
at Dinosaur Gardens 1958
Enoch Light – Misirlou mp3
at Dinosaur Gardens 1959
Martin Denny – Misirlou mp3
at Dinosaur Gardens 1960
Video:
Korla Pandit - Misirlou
at YouTube

No comments: